Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Ashley + Anand | Real New Orleans Wedding | Belle Soiree Events


Do you ever meet someone and you instantly click? Ashley left me a panicked voicemail one afternoon just about 8 weeks shy of her wedding date. I immediately called her back after-hours because I felt the worry in this poor girls voice. She explained to me that her and her fiancĂ©, Anand, had plans to wed in Puerto Rico but the plans fell through. They booked their venue in New Orleans (where they also got engaged) on a whim and knew they needed the help of a planner. Ashley sounded so sweet on the phone and when I looked her up on Facebook (yes, I do this) I was stunned by her beauty. This girl really is drop dead gorgeous. During our first meeting, this stunning blonde haired blue beauty walked in and was seriously one of the nicest girls I have ever met. I was a little taken back at how sweet one can be. Just a little example- the night before the wedding Ashley called me at 9pm. She wanted to offer me her dress in the above picture to wear to the wedding. I couldn't help but giggle at the thought of the wedding planner in a floor length sequence designer gown. How thoughtful of her to extend the offer. Her words were "I want you to feel pretty, too." Gah- just pull at my heart strings a little more! The day of the wedding Ashley INSISTED I wear one of her gorgeous silver diamond bracelet pieces. You can see this beauty in a few of the pictures below. I may turn down a dress but never jewelry! :)  

Ashley and Anand chose the beautiful Ritz Carlton hotel for their ceremony and reception. I had the pleasure of sitting in on one of the most decadent menu tastings of my career. The bride and groom decided to offer both Indian and American food for their guest traveling from out of town. The tasting lasted almost 4 hours and I have never been so full in my life! Their guest were in for such a treat!

Ashley trusted me to do about 90% of her wedding planning. I LOVE when a bride gives us total freedom but it can also be a little challenging. This is someones WEDDING. I whipped together some of the best vendors in New Orleans (and a Texan) and in 8 short weeks, Ashley and Anads were on their way to husband and wife!

All Ashley wanted was white white white. Their wedding was held one weekend before Christmas and Ashley wanted the space to feel like a winter wonderland. In New Orleans, late December can still be in the 70s. It was so much fun to create a wintery look when we were sweating outside in the streets!

The weather forecast sadly was not looking great, so the "rain plan" was put into effect. The ceremony was moved inside and still just as gorgeous, in my opinion. The raw emotion on both their faces just makes my heart skip a beat. Pure love! 

PS- Isn't this dress AMAZING?! I have no other words for how beautiful this dress is. 

I will stop gushing over this girl and instead show you the charming pictures from InTandem | A Photography Duo.








 Before we go any further, this photography team is not from New Orleans. I love when an out of state photographer comes on board because they have fresh eyes for our gorgeous city. The first look was shot from two different angles- on ground and sky high in a hotel room at The Ritz. I LOVE the results of this different idea!



































 The above spandex chair covers are owned by yours truly and available for future weddings :)







Ashley, it was my absolute pleasure to serve you and your wedding needs. I still cannot believe that we accomplished so much in the 8 short weeks we planned together. I have said it a million times, but you will always have a special place in my heart. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for showing me so much love and gratitude. You changed my heart and outlook on my relationships with brides. I am so honored to call you my friend and wish you two many more years of wedded bliss. 

Planning + Design | Belle Soiree Events
Ceremony + Reception | The Ritz Carlton, New Orleans
Florals + Decor | Bella Blooms Floral
Photography | InTandem Photography
Bakery | The Ritz Carlton, New Orleans
Ceremony Ensemble | Fine Art Musicians
Reception Entertainment | Joe Simon Band



4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love you, Merideth. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merideth, I started crying reading this at work! I can't wait to meet you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Ashley and Anand! This is an absolutely beautiful post and wedding! I've already looked into contacting the photographers also, as they look like the do amazing work. Can I dare ask- who is the wedding dress by? It's stunning! Vintage and modern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bride is really very beautiful and I must congratulate the event coordinator to plan a grand event in such a beautiful way. I loved the decorations and unique foodstuff also.

    ReplyDelete