Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lindsey + Mike

Good afternoon!
I try to stay away from having "favorite" brides, but Lindsey was absolutely one of my favorites. Robyn, her mother, was also a dream. The two of them were so kind, gracious, and trusting towards us at Belle Soiree'. I preach over and over if you let me do my job, I promise I will deliver the wedding of your dreams. If you trust me and we work together (not against each other) the process will be wonderful for all. Lindsey did just that. I met Lindsey and Mike at the PJ's in Royal Sonesta before they booked ANYTHING. I love a bride that is fresh and we get to go through every step together. I suggested a few venues and had a good feeling she would like the wax museum. At first, I always get a "WHAT?!" face when I suggest the wax museum. If you have never been inside this gorgeous gem, you probably envision your first dance with a few wax figures admiring you. Not true! The wax museum display is behind closed doors downstairs and as a bride, you get the option to have open or closed. I personally think it's pretty neat because the wax displays represent Louisiana's history. To each their own! Lindsey resisted a little bit but in the end once she saw it, fell in love. I find most brides who I show the wax museum to end up loving it (like me!) Again, the wax museum is one of my favorite venues and on my list as my top choices. Beth and Alex at The Wax are a dream team and I always love and look forward to working there.
What I loved most about Lindsey is she trusted my vendor recommendations. As a planner, after getting to know the bride a little I can always guide her to the right vendors who match her style, budget, and overall theme. Once we passed this process, Lindsey trust me and we were well on our way to booking! We met with Eric from Bee's floral and Lisa from Luminous Events one afternoon and the fun started. Lindsey is a lover of candles like myself, and had the vision of gray and pink. Who doesn't love that? We rented linens from Event Rental to go along with our soft vision, and everything came together without a hitch.
Lindsey and her fiance' are from North Louisiana. She wanted to incorporate a secondline somewhere into her wedding night and we did just that. As soon as they were pronounced husband and wife, one mind brass band kicked off the celebration. I LOVED THIS! The guest turned around so fast and the energy in the room skyrocketed. It was so much fun! We had one of my favorite photographers on board to capture it all. Stevie Ramos with Stevie Ramos Photography caught every detail.








































Planning + Design- Belle Soiree'
Ceremony + Reception- Musee Conti Wax Museum
Candle Decor- Luminous Events
Bakery- Royal Cakery
Linens- Event Rental


No comments:

Post a Comment