Thursday, July 11, 2013

Desiree + Jason | Real Weddings | Belle Soiree Events, New Orleans Wedding Planner

Hello bloggies!
I hope you all are having a wonderful summer so far! I have had the pleasure of meeting a few new brides and booking up my calendar for 2013. I always anticipate summers to be "time off" and relaxing, but as usual, it's the total opposite! I wouldn't have it any other way! As my late grandmother would say, "You can sleep when you die!"
I have waited a while to post this beauty in hopes to have this gorgeous wedding published. Borrowed and Blue published this stunning wedding a few weeks ago. You can see it here.
Now, onto this gorgeous couple...
I first met Desiree what seems like years ago. I planned a friend of Desiree's wedding back in September 2011 and Desiree was the lucky lady to catch the bouquet! She wasn't engaged yet, but it was right around the corner! Jason proposed to Desiree at Disney world and soon after, I got the call!
We met for coffee and started planning right away. What I loved most about Desiree was she knew what she wanted, and she trusted me to make it happen. If you asked her what her favorite color was, her response would more than likely be "sparkle!" I know sparkle isn't a color, but we sure had plenty of it- and more! Another thing I love about Desiree is she kept me on my toes. Most of the time my brides have no planning experience and look to me for all the answers. Desiree had worked for a major NOLA hotel previously, and was highly organized and always on point. She taught me ways to keep organized, follow up sooner than later, and constantly reminded me of items we needed to do (even though I already knew ;)). I will forever be grateful of this opportunity to work with her!
Jason, Desiree's fiancé, is a star wars lover. Desiree graciously allowed stars wars in ONE aspect of the wedding- scroll down to see. You will recognize it when you see it!
In addition to bride and groom, I had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know Desiree's son, Connor. Connor is so sweet to his momma, and always willingly showed me how he was practicing walking his mom down the aisle. I will admit, after I fluffed her dress and sent them down the aisle, I let a few tears go. He loves his mother so much and was so proud (and brave!) to walk her down the aisle.
Enough of the sappy stuff and onto the details! This wedding had so so so many details, it made me dream of purple and sparkle! We met with Bella Blooms and designed until there wasn't an inch left uncovered with some sort of glam. Desiree wanted to WOW her guest as they walked through the door. I think we accomplished that!











































































Stunning, right? Thank you Desiree, Jason, and Connor for letting me into your life and helping you create the best day ever! I am happy to call you my friends! If you are interested in having Belle Soiree plan your big day, please visit our website or email us at info@bellesoireeweddings.com. Thanks to all the participating vendors who helped make it happen:

Planning + Design | Belle Soiree
Ceremony | Jesuit Immaculate Conception
Reception | The Ritz Carlton
Photography | Studio Tran Photography
Videographer | Dyle Films
Florals | Bella Blooms
Rentals | Event Rental
Stationery | Stationery Studio
Cigars | Cigar Factory New Orleans
Secondline Band |Kinfolk
Reception Band | New Orleans Karma
Bakery | Royal Cakery

No comments:

Post a Comment